Pregnancy Yellows

There’s so much that has happened since I posted Pregnancy Pinks in November and I have been waiting to share this all with you guys until I had gotten a conclusive ultrasound… and that happened last month! 😀

1455722488911-1
Bun in the oven!

It’s all been very interesting, and confusing. Most of all though it’s been super exciting!

In the end of November after we went in for our second ultrasound, Daniel and I were told by a few people that we wouldn’t taken on as clients (for prenatal care) until I had a positive ultrasound or other “proof” that I was pregnant. Regardless of my positive pregnancy test, growing uterus, closed cervix, and sea of pregnancy symptoms.

bumpie_week_19_flag
I took this picture last week, 3rd week of February. My tummy is still pretty tight and small.

So we decided that we would wait until I was much further along to hire another midwife, we met with an awesome lady in about 40 minutes from where we live, on January 30th when I thought I was about 19 weeks and 4 days pregnant. She was so kind and helpful, she used her hands (placing them over my abdomen) to measure my uterus and get the general age of the baby. She said I was measuring closer to 15 weeks. Huh, I thought. She pulled out her baby heart monitor so we could listen to the baby’s heart beat, and it didn’t work we couldn’t hear it. So she reassured us that it wasn’t anything to do with us, the baby is fine, it’s just the equipment. She grabs out another, more sensitive, heart monitor and tries to listen yet again… we hear nothing. So she says, “would it be alright with you guys if we take a look with my ultrasound machine?”. I nod, Daniel says “sure of course!”. I wasn’t feeling very sure, in fact I had to look away and hold my breath, terrified about the pending disappointment.

She turned on her little ultrasound machine, put the OH SO COLD gel on my tummy and then put the hand held portion up to my stomach. I waited quietly for about 10 seconds and then she says, “Aww! There’s baby!”. Daniel started to tear up! He squeezed my hand and I felt myself relax for the first time in months, there on the screen like I had seen in so many YouTube videos was a baby shown on the screen… But this was my baby!

She dated the baby for us and he/she was 13 weeks & 4 days at that time. So this baby is from late September or early October and not Early September like we thought! I was so happy to FINALLY have the confirmation from someone that there is IN FACT a little Mank cooking in mah belly lol!

So our new EDD (estimated due date) is July 13th, 2016. I am now 20 weeks pregnant! So happy. I was wondering why morning sickness was hanging around for so long (it didn’t leave until a little under a week after our dating ultrasound with the new midwife who I will call MJ – Midwife J).

So to give you guys the latest I have been working out every day EXCEPT for Saturday. Shabbat is my rest day. If you guys would like to see the workout plan and exercises I’ve been doing please keep an eye out for it with my newer posts.

  • 2 – 3lbs of that went straight to my chest
  • 1-2lbs is extra blood
  • 1 lb is extra water
  • About 10 ounces is baby
  • 1lb is fluid for the baby
  • And the rest is maternal fat that I would say went to my bum (between 6 oz or 1lb & 6 oz).

I’ve been staying active and eating pretty well, I allow myself little treats like fruity popsicles, a soft salty pretzel or a little bit of red licorice from whole foods now and then. I do eat potato chips, in moderation, of course. In general though I make sure to have at least one piece of fruit, a handful of spinach, a bowl of whole fat plain yogurt (I sweeten it with Stevia), an egg or some meat for protein.. AT THE VERY LEAST these are some staple slash guidelines I like to use. 🙂 I take the best prenatal vitamins that we could find (Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals) they are just packed with goodness, including Folate *the natural form of Folic Acid* so your body can actually recognize and properly absorb it. These things have helped me so much with preventing headaches, nausea, fatigue, lots of other stuff and properly forming our little blessing! So I highly recommend them.

I have them on my Amazon Subscribe & save list. So I save 5% with every bottle I get, which is very cool. Another thing that I’ve been doing is that as soon as we got engaged (cause I knew I could be pregnant any time after the wedding), I stopped painting my nails. A lot of people told me that I was being ridiculous and that painting my nails couldn’t hurt the baby, only inhaling the fumes from nail polish could make me nauseous and I’m so glad I just ignored that. I have done my research and it isn’t safe!

Despite what many people tell you, your fingernails are porous, they’re a part of your integumentary system (which includes your skin, hair, nails, etc) and what you put on your skin, nails or hair will be absorbed into your body! Including all of the icky chemicals in nail polishes. So I had bare toenails and fingernails for the last 7 1/2 months! I recently found this at the Sprouts (natural grocery store) near our house though and it was on sale for $1.97. It’s made of all natural ingredients, that would be TOTALLY safe if ingested FYI this product is not for ingesting but if you were to swallow it or your children or pets got a hold of it, you wouldn’t have to sweat it. 🙂

1455046991854.jpeg
They have a website Play ❤ Laugh, in case you’d like to learn more about these awesome and edible polishes!

 

It’s also really easy to remove. Just soak your nails in warm water for a few minutes and then it peels off, clean. No need for a special remover, no stain is left on the nails .. it’s super easy. So I don’t feel guilty putting this on my nails, this is a big deal for me because I’m pregnant and I don’t want to do anything that would hurt my growing baby.

Oh! We think it’s a boy. We asked our midwife and it was a bit difficult to check because our baby is REALLY active lol! We checked a few days ago on Sunday. We will see though. 🙂 Currently we have a 60% chance of a boy and 40% chance of a girl. ❤

We’ve decided to use reusable diapers, AKA cloth diapers, we’re going to be getting the Bum Works sprayer that attaches to the toilet tank to rinse out the diapers before washing the diaper liners in the washing machine and we will be having an all natural home birth attended by a midwife because we believe it’s the safest option for us.

It’s safer for us, because I am more comfortable in a private/familiar place such as my home and this will help me to feel safe and in turn allow my body to relax. Feeling safe and relaxed during labor will help speed up labor time and also minimize the likelihood of complications arising because my body will be able to do what it needs to without interference or interruptions *like those found in hospitals*.  So home births are not for everyone. Some women don’t feel safe unless they have a doctor with them, the constant fetal monitoring, the option of epidural or other pain killers and C-section.

The thought of any type of unnecessary intervention actually scares me and makes me incredibly uneasy, I know that my body is healthy and Yahweh (the Almighty) made my body perfect. I have complete faith in myself and my ability to have this child naturally so of course, for my husband and I, the natural choice is a home birth attended by a midwife. 🙂

So this is the latest news with life and the pregnancy :D, If you guys have any questions please let me know! Also, do you guys have any thoughts on Reusable diapers? Home Birth? Pregnancy weight gain? or working out during pregnancy?  As always I love hearing from you! ❤ Have a great week!!

PS. I will be posting more pictures in my next pregnancy update!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s